Monday, February 18, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevator #1; installing the tape selectors (tells the elevator where to stop) and installing the finish trim for the elevator cab walls.
- The contractor completed the wiring of Elevator #8 and is testing the elevator and making the final adjustments.
- Siemens continues to work on the fire alarm system. They are testing the devices installed in the basement, and on the 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th, and penthouse floors.
- Zimmer finished sealing the access holes that were cut into the 2nd Floor ducts.
- Zimmer continues to remove the transite exhaust ducts on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor began to prep the transite exhaust ducts on the 5th Floor for removal.
- Zimmer finished cleaning on the 6th Floor in the rear of the building (old section) on the Charity side and is scheduling the area for the visual inspection.
- Zimmer continues to remove the floor tiles in the center corridor on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor finished spraying the finish paint in the corridors on the 5th Floor.
- They finished floating and prepping the walls on the 4th Floor.
- The painters began cutting-in with the paint finish in the offices along Tulane Ave. on the 5th Floor.
- The contractor is floating and prepping the new sheetrock on the 6th and 8th Floors that replaced the drywall that was removed during the mold remediation.
- The contractor continues to install new sheetrock on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor finished installing new ceiling grid "tees" on the 6th and 8th Floors to convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings.
- The contractor continues to install new grid "tees" on the 7th Floor.
- Boe-Tel is terminating station wires in the offices on the 1st Floor.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing continued installing the pitch pans at the roof penetrations on the Clinic Building roof.
- The demolition of 9 Katrina-damaged buildings located on the back campus of the Dental School is getting underway.
- Durr Construction began removing some items that had been temporarily stored in the Human Development Library.
- Crews continued installing irrigation pipe and sprinklers on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall.