Thursday, February 28, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator is installing the position indicators and wiring the hatch for Elevator #1.
- They continue to test and make the final adjustments to Elevator #8.
- Siemens finished installing the new fire alarm wiring and devices on the on the 4th Floor along Tulane Ave. and in the main corridor.
- Installation on the 4th Floor in the old section is on hold due to while the remediation is completed.
- The contractor is mobilizing crews to the 3rd Floor to begin installing new fire alarm wiring and devices.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished cleaning on the 4th Floor (old section) on the I-10 side, and has begun cleaning on the 4th Floor (old section) on the Charity side.
- The contractor is removing floor tile on the 8th Floor in the old section of the building.
- The paint contractor continues to apply the finish paint in the offices on the 5th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor continues to install new sheetrock on the 4th Floor and is floating and prepping the new sheetrock.
- The contractor is prepping the walls on the 3rd Floor.
- The contractor is painting the ceiling grid on the 6th & 7th Floors.
- Boe-Tel continues to wire the station cables on the 4th Floor.
- They are terminating the station cables on the 7th Floor..
- Merit Sprinkler delivered the new fire pump and fittings to the jobsite.
Dental School :
- Sherlocks Construction started the installation of the entrance storefront for the temporary bookstore.
- They installed the door and frames to the side offices at each end of the vestibule.
- Durr Construction completed most of the debris removal for the HDC Library and demolished the HDC Daycare Building.
- The Daycare Building concrete slab still remains to be demolished.
- Schindler completed wiring the controls for Elevator # 8.
- Crews installed the majority of the new irrigation pipe, sprinklers and electrical conduit on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall.
- The contractor continues to install the third ply on the last section of the roof on the S. Roman side of the MEB.
- Crews began to demolish the parapet wall on top of room 7241 in an effort to quickly stop any additional leaks.
- The roofer has made the repairs to the parapet wall sections a high priority.
Floor Ceiling Tile Installation:
- Trison completed the installing ceiling tile in the front portion of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building on the Bolivar and Gravier Street side of the building.
- Installation of ceiling tile continues on the back side near the loading dock area.