Friday, February 29, 2008
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation Project:
- Construction Masters continued the initial demolition on the 7th Floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator painted the exterior doors for Elevators #1, #2, & #3.
- They are run-testing Elevator #8 in preparation for the inspection by the State Inspector.
- Siemens continues to install new fire alarm wiring and devices on the 3rd Floor.
- Zimmer finished cleaning on the 4th Floor of the building (old section) on the Charity side.
- The 4th Floor passed the visual inspection and air samples were taken.
- Crews have begun cleaning on the 3rd floor (old section) on the Charity side of the building.
- The contractor finished removing floor tile on the 8th floor from the old section of the building.
- They have begun to remove the floor tile on the 7th floor (old section).
- The paint contractor continues to apply finish paint finish in the offices on the 5th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor finished installing new sheetrock on the 4th Floor.
- They continue floating and preparing the new sheetrock for painting.
- The contractor began installing new sheetrock on the 3rd floor (to replace the drywall that was removed during remediation).
- The contractor began painting the ceiling grid on the 5th Floor.
- Crews continue to paint the grid on 7th Floor.
- Boe-Tel continues to terminate the station cables on the 4th and 7th Floors.
- Merit Sprinkler set the new fire pump in place and began installing the new pump and connecting the related piping.
Dental School :
- Durr Construction started the debris removal for the HDC Daycare Center .
- Schindler wired the travel cables and began making adjustments for Elevator # 8.
- Frischhertz erected 6 new light poles in the 440 Perdido St. parking lot.
- The crew is working on the new service at the exit of the lot.