Thursday, February 7, 2008
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs:
- Our first major project for permanent repairs and mitigation is about to get underway. The contract for the permanent repairs and Section 406 Hazard Mitigation to the building has been executed by Construction Masters, Inc.
- The pre-construction conference was held today with representatives of the contractor, the sub-contractors, the Office of Facility Planning & Control, the LSU Systems Office and LSUHSC.
- The Notice to Proceed has been issued with an effective date of February 11, 2008.
- The scope of the contract includes:
- Re-building the Isadore Cohn Learning Center on the 6th Floor.
- Relocating an existing research lab from the 6th Floor to the 7th Floor.
- The 6th Floor lab will remain in operation until the replacement lab on the 7th Floor is ready for use.
- Moving the critical mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment to the 2nd Floor.
- Constructing an exterior stairwell on the front of the building to provide adequate egress from the new Learning Center .
- The restoration of the public areas of the 1st Floor that will use surfaces that will resist damage from flood waters.
- The dry-flood proofing of the building elevator pits.
- Roof repairs.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on the
installation of the safeties on Elevator #1.
- The wiring of the controller for Elevator # 8 is
- Stratos has begun installing the Position
Indicators in the elevator lobbies for Elevator #8.
- Siemens is trouble shooting new ground faults
for the fire alarm wiring in the basement on the fire pump and dry-pipe
sprinkler system that serves parking garage.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to coat the ducts on
the 3rd Floor.
- Debris removal is still in progress in the rear
portions of the building.
- Zimmer finished removing the peeling paint and
cleaning on the 7th Floor in the rear of the building (old section) on the I-10
- Cleaning on the Charity side continues after the
initial cleaning failed the visual inspection.
- The 7th Floor I-10 wing of the old section
passed the visual inspection and air samples were taken.
- Zimmer is scheduling a visual inspection following
the floor tile removal on the 3rd Floor in the corridors and offices along Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor continues to remove the floor
tile in the "A section" (over the garage) on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor is cutting-in with the paint
finish on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- Boe-tel finished removing the old network wire
mold on the 5th Floor and has started removing the old wire mold on the 4th Floor.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing continued the tear off and the installation of the first ply on the Clinic Building balcony.
- Sherlocks Construction moved the Kellâ€™s Exhibit into the vestibule area.
- They cored a hole from the 3rd to the 2nd Floor to reroute a drain pipe to allow room for the exhibit.
- They installed exit signs and continued installing sheet rock on the walls.
- Schindler installed the hardware to support the door operator for Elevator #8.
- They began trouble shooting the lobby call buttons for Elevators #3 and #4.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- Crews completed the installation of the
irrigation system in the pocket park located in Student Parking Lot # 2.