Thursday, March 13, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos Elevator is installing a new electrical disconnect for Elevator #8.
- They are sealing the penetrations in the elevator control room for Elevators #1, #2, and #3.
- Siemens finished the installation of new fire alarm wiring and devices on the 3rd Floor in the old section of the building on the I-10.
- Siemens began pulling new fire alarm wiring and connecting to the new alarm system devices on the 4th Floor in the old section of the building on both sides.
- Zimmer continues to clean on the 2nd Floor in the old section on the I-10 side.
- The contractor has finished removing the peeling paint on the 2nd floor, old section on the Charity side and has started the final cleaning.
- The contractor continues to sand and prep the walls and new sheetrock on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The contractor continues to remove floor tiles in the stairwells along the Tulane Ave side of the building.
- The painting contractor is trimming around windows and walls on the 3rd Floor and is installing the electrical wall plates on Floors 5 through 8.
- The ceiling contractor finished painting the ceiling grid on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- The contractor is installing new ceiling tiles on the 6th Floor.
Dental School :
- Sherlocks Construction began coring the holes in the floor to run power to the cash registers from below.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- The crews continued installing the 2nd irrigation station on the Bolivar St. side of the Residence Hall.
- Two holes were bored in the Residence Hall concrete wall on the Bolivar St. side.
- One was for the irrigation control wires and the other for the electrical conduit serving the new bollard lights.
- Conduit was run through both holes and connections were completed.
- The irrigation wires were pulled inside of the building.
- Power was connected to the irrigation controller for the Pocket Park in Student Lot # 2 and the controller was activated.
- Water was run through the Pocket Park irrigation stations to flush the pipes and sprinklers preparing for the installation of the sprinkler heads.