Monday, April 7, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to clean the corridor and elevator lobby on the 1st Floor in the old section of the building.
- The painting contractor finished applying paint in the offices along the center corridor on the 2nd Floor.
- Crews resumed painting the offices along the center corridor on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor continues to trim and install the edge and corner ceiling tiles on the 5th Floor.
- Royerre Commercial Carpet has finished installing carpet tiles, transitions, and cove base on the 5th, 6th, and 8th Floors.
- Crews continue to install new carpet tiles, transition strips, and cove base on the 7th Floor.
- Boe-Tel is terminating the station cables in the offices on the 3rd Floor along Tulane Ave.
- Herman Miller Group delivered additional furniture and chairs for Floors 1 through 8.
- The items are being staged in the hallways pending installation.
- Furniture is being installed on Floors 5 through 8.
- Hogue and Assoc. are working on the 7th Floor installing the new ceiling light fixtures.
Clinic Permanent Repair and Mitigation:
- CMI crews have started framing the new walls on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- Electrical rough in work continues on the 7th Floor.
- The metal casing that will be installed around the windows is being prepared.
- Over the weekend, new shut off valves were installed in the 1st Floor bathrooms, the 6th Floor bathrooms and in the water lines on the 7th Floor so that old pipe can be removed and new pipe installed without requiring a shutdown of the entire building.
Dental School :
- Zimmer demolished the Auto Shop (Bldg. # 141) and began removing the debris.
- Needham Roofing lifted material to the Power Plant roof.
- Crews tore off 9 squares of the old roofing material and installed the new insulation and decking.
- Crawford has completed the installation of the mineral surface modified cap sheet (final layer) on all the stairwell penthouses. Work on the main elevator penthouse is continuing.
- Crawford completed installing most of the base smooth modified torch grade layer (the first of two layers before the installation of the metal cap) on the perimeter of the parapet wall. Only the S. Roman St. side remains.
- The crews removed all the existing vegetation on the Perdido St. side of the Residence Hall in preparation for installing new plants.
- They started removing the existing vegetation on the Perdido St. side of the MEB.
- Frischhertz continues to work on installing new light fixtures and running conduit and electrical wire at the Residence Hall parking lot.
- The lights around the base of the basketball court and the two pole mounted lights are operating.
MEB Reception Center
- RCC Flooring is installing the slate tile in the back section of the room and continues to work toward the right front side.
- They have also started to install tile on the two columns.
- The curb for the exterior storefront has been cut to provide the new opening of the storefront doors.