Friday, May 30, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos finished installing the TLS (terminal limit switch) on Elevator #7.
- This is an additional safety which measures the speed of the cab.
- RCC began preparing Suite 122 for the installation of carpet and VCT.
- The contractor finished installing the ceiling tiles on the patched plaster ceilings of Floors 1 through 4.
- The contractor finished painting the installed ceiling tiles on Floors 2 through 5.
- Premier Source Inc. polished the terrazzo floor in the main corridor on the 6th Floor along Tulane Ave.
- They have started grinding the terrazzo floor in the center corridor.
- Phase 1 and 2 construction walls are in place.
Resource Center Library
- The temporary dust barrier around the interior stairwell is in place.
- The glass storefront has been removed from the 3rd Floor lobby area from in front of Elevator #1, #2, and #3.
- The old walls, flooring, ceiling tiles, ceiling grid, and the five storefront ceiling braces have also been removed.
- In the area outside of the lobby and as far as the interior stairwell, the ceiling tiles, ceiling grid, carpet tiles, most of the light fixtures and two TV room walls have been demolished and removed.
- Demolition is ongoing on all other surrounding walls.
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Preparing for the construction of the exterior stairwell, plants were removed along Gravier side of building and the granite panels were removed from adjacent column.
- Temporary fencing has been installed around the construction area.
- The dry flood-proofing of the elevator pits serving Elevators 2 and 3 continued.
- CMI continues to work on the plumbing, mechanical system, electrical system, sheetrock, and fire sprinklers on the 6th Floor.