Wednesday, June 11, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos finished changing the travel cables for Elevator #7.
- The technicians are changing the governor sheave and governor ropes.
- The contractor is painting the ceiling in the Tulane Ave. entrance lobby on the 1st Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette is priming and painting the mechanical room walls on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- Premier Source Inc. continued detailing the terrazzo and ceramic base on the 8th Floor.
- Brooks Window Coverings finished installing the mini-blinds on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- Crews began installing new mini-blinds on the 1st and 2nd Floors.
Residence Hall Lobby Renovations:
- Zimmer continues the removal of the old flooring from the lobby. They are working toward the A Tower elevator.
- The concrete pad is being built for the new air handling unit.
MEB MDL Lab #5 Renovation:
- AEC is removing the old floor tile from MDL #5 and is prepping for tile removal in selected Pharmacology areas.
MEB Lecture Rooms A & B Enhancements:
- Trison is completing the installation of new electrical conduits in Lecture Room A and continue to work in B.
- The new floor ducts are on order.
Dental School :
- Premier Source Inc. completed honing the terrazzo floors in the Clinic Building 2nd Floor lobby and waiting area.
- Work continued within the same area on the 3rd Floor.
- Work began in the area between the elevators on the 4th Floor.
Lions/LSU Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The removal of the ground level slab from the front of the building continues.
- Dry flood-proofing of the pit for Elevators #2 and #3 pits is progressing.
- Electrical work and sheetrock work continues on the 2nd Floor.
- Plumbing, mechanical, electrical, sheetrock, and fire sprinkler work continues on the 6th Floor.
- The gas line continues to be installed on the 7th Floor for the new lab.
MEB 2nd Floor Lobby Renovation:
- Zimmer removed the floor tile from in front of Campus Office Stores, the Mens Room, the stairwell closest to the elevated walkway to the Residence Hall, and the Planning Office.