Friday, June 13, 2008
NOTE: This update includes reports on work from yesterday
- The Medical Education Building elevator upgrades on Freight Elevator #7 are complete and this elevator is now in service.
- It requires a key to operate it and is to be used for deliveries and for any and all types of carts.
- All four passenger elevators are now upgraded and released for passenger service. The upgrades to the passenger elevators provide for faster service, more reliability as well as a more appealing and updated interiors.
- In order to protect the upgraded interiors of the passenger elevators, carts of any type are only to be transported on freight elevators.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos is changing the governor sheave and governor ropes on Elevator #7.
- The contractor is also wiring the car station.
- The contractor is relocating the storage boxes containing old office contents and the remaining pre-Katrina furniture on the 4th Floor to the rear of the building, in the old section that will not be re-occupied immediately.
- The contractor continues painting the ceiling in the Tulane Ave. entrance lobby on the 1st Floor.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues priming and painting the mechanical room walls on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- Hogue & Associates are installing the new light fixtures in the center corridor on the 1st and 2nd Floors.
- The contractor is removing light fixtures in the old section of the building near the elevators.
- Premier Source Inc. continued detailing the terrazzo and ceramic base on the 7th and 8th Floors.
- Brooks Window Coverings finished installing new mini-blinds on the 1st and 2nd Floors.
Dental School :
- Needham Roofing completed cleaning and water proofing the penthouses and parapet walls on the Clinic and Administration Buildings.
- They are installing the wood nailers for the metal coping on the tops of the parapet walls. The metal coping is designed to further deter water penetration through the roofs on both buildings.
- Premier Source completed honing the terrazzo floors in the Clinic Building 3rd Floor lobby and waiting area.
- They also completed most of the same area on the 4th Floor.
Center Library Commons:
- The demolition phase of the project is complete.
- The remaining construction walls have been erected.
- Directional signage directing patrons on entering and exiting the library are in place.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Renovation:
- Zimmer continues demolition of the old flooring in the lobby area facing the corner of Perdido St. and S. Roman St .
- The concrete pad for the new air handling unit has been poured and finished.
Lecture Room A & B Enhancements:
- Trison completed running new conduits in the ceiling for Lecture Room A and is working in Lecture Room B.
- The floor duct is on order.
2nd Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Zimmer demolished the old floor in front of the elevators, the Mens and Womens bathrooms, and the areas by both stairwells.
- Crews planted six crepe myrtle trees in the Pocket Park located in the corner of Student Parking Lot # 2.
- New Carissa Holly bushes were planted in front of the Resource Center .