Thursday, July 10, 2008
RCB Domestic Water Outage
Friday, July 11th from 6:00 PM to 11:30 PM the domestic hot and cold water will
be shut down in the Resource Center Building . During the outage, there will be no water
available at any faucets, toilets or urinals in the building and we ask that
none of these be used during the outage to avoid problems when the water
service is restored. The plumbers will
be working on bathroom fixtures on the 5th and 6th floors of the building as
well as replacing several shutoff valves.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Siemens continues to install duct detectors in the ductwork on the 5th Floor.
- They are programming the duct detectors previously installed on the 2nd and 5th Floors.
- Stratos Elevator continues to remove the damaged components of Elevator #4.
- The contractor continues paint in the stairwell along Tulane Ave. on the Charity side of the building.
- Securitas continues to pull new wiring for the devices at the front entrance in the Main Lobby.
- Hogue & Associates finished installing the new single-faced exit signs on Floors 1 through 8.
- They started installing the new double-faced exit signs.
- Premier Source Inc. continues to grind the terrazzo flooring along the center corridor on the 3rd Floor.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- US Fence & Gate Co. began removing the chain link fence at the Residence Hall Lot along S. Roman Street .
- They are replacing it with new 6 ft. vinyl-coated chain link fencing.