Friday, July 11, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Siemens continues to install duct detectors and program the installed detectors.
- Stratos Elevator is replacing the elevator safeties for Elevator #7.
- The contractor finished priming the stairwell along Tulane Ave. on the Charity side of the building.
- Securitas is pulling the wiring for the new access control devices to the main network closet on the 2nd Floor.
- Hogue & Associates continues to install the double-faced exit signs.
- Floors 6 through 8 have been completed.
- Premier Source Inc. continues to grind the terrazzo flooring along the center corridor on the 3rd Floor.
- Construction of the exterior walls around the interior staircase is underway.
- Materials for the temporary center handrails are on order.
- Auxiliary Enterprises has started roughing in the telecommunications wiring.
- Facility Services electricians continue to roughing-in the electrical service.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- US Fence & Gate Co. began replacing the chain link cantilever gates in the Residence Hall Parking Lot.
Hall Lobby Expansion:
- Zimmer has nearly completed the demolition of the exterior flooring.
- The new duct work continues to be installed.
- The contractor completed framing above the ceiling and starting the plumbing demolition.
Lecture A & B Enhancements:
- Trison completed installing the floor duct and conduits in the trench and has refilled the trench with concrete.
- Trison continues to install new electrical outlets in the mezzanine level and in the projector booth.
- The installation of the metal capping on the parapet walls is now complete on the main roof and penthouses.
- The contractor is reworking the pitch pans under the steel beam supports on the main roof.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- CMI has poured the concrete in one elevator pit preparing it for the mortar to flood-proof the pit.
- CMI has framed up the slab that will form the base of the new exterior stairwell.
- Crews are installing reinforcing wire and rebar and preparing for the slab to be poured.
- The new AHUs have been piped in on the 1st and 6th Floors.
- The contractor and subcontractors are working on the 6th Floor; hanging sheetrock, floating the sheetrock, and continuing with the mechanical and electrical rough in.
- The contractor is floating the new sheetrock on the 7th floor.
2nd Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor is nearing the completion of the installation of the fur out that will be used to attach the sheetrock covering the existing tile walls.
- The fur down from the ceiling is complete on the Perdido Street side of the lobby.
- The old tiles have been removed from the columns and the attached concrete beams.
- Sheetrock was delivered and the electrical work continues.
- Framing of the new wall by Medical Center Stores has begun.
- A temporary reference wall has been constructed on the Campus Office Stores side of the lobby.