Thursday, July 17, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator crews continue replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7.
- The painting contractor is painting the handrails and door frames at the side entrance to the building.
- Securitas continued making new wiring connections to access control devices on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor demolished and removed the walk-in cooler from the 4th Floor.
- Crews began installing suspended ceilings in several offices.
- Mechanical and electrical contractors are working on the new lounges on Floors 5, 6 and 7.
- New furniture is being delivered and installed throughout the building.
- Facility Services met with the FEMA Historic Preservation Specialist to review several aspects of the restoration project.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- The contractor completed installing the pedestrian gate for the Residence Hall Parking Lot on the Bolivar Street side.
- Needham Roofing continues to complete the installation of metal coping on the parapet walls of the Clinic and Administration Buildings .
- The contractor mounted the large box fans on the Administration Building Penthouse roof above the elevators.
- The contractor removed the interior layer of sheet rock on the Library stair to shim the wall.
- They continued work on the bulk head that runs the length of the new Commons area.
- Facility Services continued the electrical rough-in and raised conduit to allow the A/C ducts to be raised.
To Wellness Storefronts:
- The automatic doors in the Derbigny St. Lot storefront have been installed but are not yet operational.
- The contractor continued installing side light glass in the storefront.
- The contractor completed the punch list items at the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- Crews have completed the duct cleaning on the 6th Floor of the CSRB.
- They are moving equipment and supplies to the 5th Floor.