Thursday, July 24, 2008
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Work that is in progress includes the following:
- Installation of CMU walls on the Bolivar St. side of the building.
- Running new electrical service in the new CMU walls on the 1st Floor.
- Dry flood-proofing of 2 elevator shafts.
- Piping VAVâ€™s on the 6th Floor.
- Running new thermostat wires and preparing controls for the VAVâ€™s on the 6th Floor.
- Sanding the new sheet rocked walls on the 6th Floor.
- Patching old floor penetrations on the 6th Floor.
- Demolishing the old storm drain on 6th Floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The replacement of the hoist cable on Elevator #7 is progressing.
- The contactor continues to work on the repairs to Elevator # 4.
- The contractor completed installing suspended ceilings in department head offices on Floors 7 and 8.
- The crews continue installing suspended ceilings throughout the building.
- Patching is complete on the 8th Floor and continues on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor continues painting offices and working on punch list items.
- The mechanical contractor is installing piping in the new lounge areas.
- Electrical and mechanical contractors are servicing fan coil units in offices throughout the building.
- The pipe insulation contractor is insulating piping in the hallways.
- The sandblasting contractor continues resurfacing the front steps.
- Crews completed installation of room signage on Floors 7 and 8.
- Plumbers continue to cap piping and install segregation valves.
Roman St. Garage:
- The contractor completed rerouting the new fire alarm wires and removed the old wires.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- The contractor completed forming blocks and installing rebar at both Student Parking Lots.
- The contractor continues installing the steel support for the partition storage area.
- The demolition of the old plumbing continues.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor started framing the fur down at the student lounge on the Roman St. side of the building.
- The crew completed repairing the concrete sub-floor and installed the new carpet in the former blue locker area.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor continues to grind down the old floor surface in preparation for the new flooring.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue to work on the electrical rough-in.
- The contractor continues building the bulk head.
- The contractor completed sonar tests to verify the core drill locations.
- Needham Roofing began the coring work for the conduit on the Administration Building roof.
- One core was completed and work began on the second.
- The terrazzo contractor continues final touch-up work.
- The duct cleaning crews continue working on the 1st and 2nd Floors of the CSRB.
- Preparations continue for the installation of the new trash compactors.