Tuesday, July 29, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The resurfacing of the front steps has been completed by the sandblasting contractor.
- The sprinkler contractor repaired the dry pipe system on the 8th Floor and returned it to service.
- The windows have been removed from the front light well in the old cafeteria.
- The work to close the opening is progressing.
- The elevator contractor continues working to replace the hoist cables for Elevator #7 and complete the repairs on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues installing suspended ceilings, patching walls and working on punch list items.
- The electrical and mechanical contractors are servicing fan coil units in offices throughout the building.
- The lighting contractor completed installing light fixtures in the center hallways on the 1st Floor and on Floors 5 through 8.
- Their crew has started installing light fixtures in the department head offices on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, installing air conditioning in the rear lobbies, and installing locksets on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor continues installing gypsum board to provide additional sound insulation.
- The contractor began running new plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) for the new casework.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The removal of the old underlayment from the concrete sub-flooring continues.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor is installing temporary walls on the 5th Floor for the new stairwell.
- Additional sheetrock is being installed on the new walls on the 6th Floor.
- Piping in the new VAVs on 6th Floor continues.
- Crews are working in the ceiling of the 5th Floor to install the floor drains and waste lines for the new 6th Floor bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Electricians are roughing in electrical service for the new CMU walls on the 1st Floor.
- They are also working on roughing in the electrical for the Stryker equipment on 6th Floor.
- CMU walls are being installed in the S. Prieur St. side mechanical room on the 1st Floor.
- The new sprinkler pipe is being installed on the 6th Floor.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues pulling the network wires in preparation to run them to the library offices.
- The LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue the electrical rough-in.
- The portion of the Library ceiling that was removed for the installation of duct work has been re-installed.
- The roofing contractor is installing plastic sleeves in all of the newly cored roof penetrations in the Administration and Clinic Buildings .
Perimeter Fence Project:
- Crews poured concrete at the corner of Bolivar St. and along the Poydras St. sides of Student Lot 2.