Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews are installing temporary walls on the 5th Floor in preparation for construction of the new exterior stairwell.
- Windows are being removed from the exterior wall on the 2nd and 3rd Floor.
- Workers continue to install sheetrock on the 6th Floor.
- The new sprinkler pipe is being installed throughout the 6th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is piping in the VAVs and running the hot water mains that supply VAVs on 6th Floor.
- Plumbers are working in the ceiling of the 5th Floor to install the floor drains and waste lines for the new bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Electricians are running the wire tray on 1st Floor for the main wires to the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- Waterproofing is being applied to the walls of the elevator pits.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The sandblasting contractor power washed the front steps.
- The new water softener system has been installed and started up.
- Stratos Elevator continues replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7 and the repair the work progresses on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues installing suspended ceilings, patching walls and working on punch list items around the building.
- The electrical and mechanical contractors continue servicing the old fan coil units in offices throughout the building.
- The lighting contractor continues installing light fixtures in the department head offices on Floors 6 and 7.
- The contractor continues to close and seal the light well in the old cafeteria.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old fan coil units, removing old ductwork from the basement, and installing locksets on 1st Floor.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor continues installing gypsum board that will provide for additional sound insulation.
- The rough in plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) that will supply the new casework is in progress.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The removal of the old flooring underlayment continues.
- The roofing contractor is installing additional flashing and weather-proofing on the parapet walls of the Clinic Building .
- Crews are repairing caulk joints and installing weather-sealing membrane around the perimeter exhaust stacks.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- The contractor completed pouring concrete around the perimeter of Student Lots #2 and #3.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor removed the existing exterior metal wall panel to allow for the tie-in of the steel structure for the roof.
Hall Elevated Walkway Resurfacing:
- Contractor continues installing the overlay layer on the walkway.
- The contractor started framing the fur down ceiling over the Coffee Kiosk.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue the electrical rough-in work.