Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The internal stairwell in the Library was closed today to begin the framing of
the new wall around the stairwell. To access the 4th and 5th floors, please use
the internal library elevator. If the
elevator is out of service, the north exterior stairwell ( Tulane Avenue side) will be opened to
users of the Library to travel between the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Please do not go above or below these floors
in the exterior stairwell, as the alarm will sound when the doors are opened. Construction of temporary handrails for the
Library stairs should be completed by next week. At that time, the internal staircase will be
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Siemens is installing duct smoke detectors in the air handling units on the 5th Floor.
- Stratos Elevator began removing flooded components from Elevator #4 (freight elevator).
- The contractor continues to touch-up the paint in offices on the 7th Floor and in the stairwells.
- Securitas continues to pull new wiring through the new conduit that has been installed for the card readers and cameras on the 1st floor.
- The contractor has pulled all wiring for devices in Suite 122.
- Crews are pulling the wiring for the devices at the front entrance in the Main Lobby.
- Hogue & Associates has finished installing the new single-faced exit signs on Floors 4 through 8.
- The installation process continues on Floors 1 through 3.
- Premier Source Inc. finished grinding the terrazzo on the 3rd Floor along Tulane Avenue and is working along the center corridor.
- Herman Miller Group is installing new furniture and small file cabinets on various floors.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- US Fence & Gate Co finished removing the chain link fence in the Residence Hall Parking Lot along Bolivar Street .
- New 6 ft. vinyl-coated chain link fencing has been installed.