Tuesday, August 12, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The terrazzo honing contractor completed the initial polishing of the 1st Floor rear elevator lobby.
- The contractor started demolition of the sidewalk along Tulane Avenue and began the site grading for the front of the building.
- The elevator contractor continues work on Elevator #4.
- The general contractor continues patching walls and painting on the 5th Floor.
- Demolition of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex interiors continues.
- The dry proofing of the old light well enclosures is progressing.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue adjusting fan coil units, installing locksets, and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- The lighting contractor continues installing lights on various floors throughout the building.
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items, including caulking and weather-proofing.
Auditorium A&B Renovations:
- The contractor began demolishing the old electrical wiring in both auditoriums.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues work on the electrical rough-in for the Coffee Kiosk.
- The installed ductwork was shifted vertically to meet the standards indicated on the plans.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews continue to install door frames on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor is piping in the new AHU on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The plumbers continue to rough in the waste water and domestic water lines on the 6th Floor in the Mens bathroom.
- The new VAVs on 6th Floor are being piped in.
- The electricians are running copper cable from the Entergy vault on the 1st Floor to the location of the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor completed the installation of two more quadrants of ceiling grid and continues to work on the remaining quadrant.
- The contractor began installing the new ceiling light fixtures.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor is taping and floating the new sheetrock.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The wall angle is completely installed throughout the entire the floor.
- The sheetrock for the fur down of the tray ceiling is in place.
- The ceiling grid continues to be installed; approximately thirty to forty percent of the grid is complete.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- Crews are removing the spandrel glass from the exterior wall on the Perdido St. side of the building.