Thursday, August 14, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The contractor began framing up the new walls in the 7th Floor lounge.
- The contractor continued site grading in the front of the building.
- They constructed forms for the new sidewalk.
- Stratos continues working on Elevator #4.
- Zimmer personnel continue patching walls and painting on the 5th Floor.
- The demolition of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex interiors is progressing.
- The work to dry proof the light well enclosures continued.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued installing locksets and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- The sample of the pre-cast concrete that LSUHSC will evaluate shipped today.
- The nuclear moisture survey data has been received.
- In sections of the roofs where significant amounts of moisture were present, the contractor began removing the roofing materials and replacing them.
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items, including caulking and weather-proofing.
- Needham is installing umbrellas around the bases of the exhaust fan supports.
Campus Lab Renovations:
- The crews are removing wall panels and ductwork from the affected areas on the 8th Floor.
- They are removing the old cabinets and lab benches from Rooms 6335 and 6333.
Campus Auditoriums A&B Renovations:
- CS & Associates finished removing the existing domestic water connections in the auditoriums.
- The electrical sub-contractor (E & J Electric) is removing old electrical and telecommunications wiring.
- LSUHSC electricians installed conduit for the new lighting in the CafÃ© Lounge area.
- Other personnel began removing old braces and straps from the ceiling deck.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues pulling new wires for network access.
- The electricians completed installing light fixtures in the main room.
- They began working on lights in the three storage rooms.
- The contractor began relocating sprinkler heads to accommodate the new ceiling design and layout.
- Crews began installing new HVAC grilles and return grilles in the ceiling grid.
- The contractor continues taping and floating the new sheetrock.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor began installing new ceiling grid in the student lounge area on the Roman St. side of the building.
- They finished taping and floating sheetrock ceilings in both student lounge areas.
- The contractor started relocating sprinkler heads to accommodate the new ceiling grid in the rear and center corridors.