Monday, August 18, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The new sidewalk in front of the building is complete.
- The new concrete was poured and finished over the weekend.
- Plumbers capped disconnected plumbing on the 3rd and 4th Floor center hallways.
- The work on the restrooms is complete except for floor mounted urinals (1st Floor) and new flush valves (2nd - 4th Floors).
- Stratos Elevator continues work on Elevators #4 and #7.
- Zimmer continues patching walls and painting on the 5th Floor.
- The new walls are being constructed in the 5th and 6th Floor lounges.
- The contractor continues the installation of fan coil units.
- The insulation contractor continues insulating the new fan coil unit piping.
- Demolition in the 3rd and 4th Floor annex space continues.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing locksets on the 5th and 6th Floors.
Campus Roof Replacement:
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items and is applying sealant to newly installed umbrellas around the bases of the exhaust fan supports.
Dental Clinic Building Lab Renovations:
- The electrical contractor continues removing old wiring and installing the new electrical rough-ins.
- The contractor is laying out the new walls and the concrete flooring for the auditoriums.
- The electrical sub-contractor continues to remove the old electrical and telecommunications wiring.
- Pipe insulation and old ductwork was removed this weekend.
- LSUHSC electricians continue the rough in for new light switches.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews completed the installation of sheet rock in the 7th Floor laboratory.
- The contractor is installing ductwork in the mechanical room on the S. Prieur/Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is piping in the VAVs on the 6th Floor, east side.
- The electrical sub-contractor is running cable from the main Entergy vault to the new switchgear location on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor continues relocating sprinkler heads in the ceiling.
- They continue installing the new HVAC and return grilles in the grid.
- The flooring sub-contractor began preparing the floor.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The new sub-floor was poured over the weekend.
- The contractor is hanging sheet rock on the walls by the Mens Bathroom.
4th Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- Work continues on installing the new ceiling grid and relocating the sprinkler heads.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The newly fabricated steel has been delivered and the installation began today.