Thursday, August 21, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator technicians are pulling wire and hanging travel cable for Elevator #4 and wiring the controller for Elevator #7.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues with the demolition of the 2nd and 3rd Floor lounge areas.
- The demolition of the interior spaces in the 3rd and 4th Floor of the annex is progressing.
- New walls are being framed for the lounges on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The piping in the hallways is being insulated.
- The terrazzo in Stairwell D is being honed.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues preparing doors for locksets on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- All of the old piping has been capped on all floors.
- The furniture vendor completed setting up and arranging furniture on the 8th Floor.
- The rooms have been inspected and locked.
Campus Roof Replacement:
- Needham Roofing is repairing the roof on the Administration Building penthouse around the base of new exhaust units.
Campus Lab Renovations:
- The electrical sub-contractor continues installing the new electrical rough-ins.
- The contractor is removing drain lines from beneath Room 8405.
Auditoriums A&B Renovations:
- The electrical sub-contractor continues to remove electrical and telecommunications wiring.
- The contractor is removing the old heating water pipes.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues roughing in and routing wiring for the wall switches.
- The contractor completed framing the monitor fur-outs in both the large and small media rooms.
- They continue framing the wall behind the interior stairs.
- Crews continue constructing the new Coffee Kiosk.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor is installing new glass on the S. Prieur St. side of building.
- A crew is installing a CMU wall by the Electrical Room on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The contractor continues the installation of a steel platform for the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- They are installing a trap primer on the floor drains under the platform on the 2nd Floor.
- The plumbing sub-contractor is routing a new waste line between the 5th and 6th Floor bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side.
- Electricians continue running conduit from the 5th to the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is piping in supply and return mains to the VAVs located on the Bolivar/Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The installation of the medical gas lines to the new simulation rooms on the 6th Floor is progressing.
- They continue to re-route the condensate line on the 6th Floor.
- Crews continue to install new sheetrock and frame walls on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Sheetrock and insulation is still being installed on the new walls on the 7th Floor.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The HVAC grilles and return grilles have been installed in the new ceiling grid.
- The sub-floor has been built up in preparation for the installation of VCT tiles.
Floor Elevator Lobby Renovations:
- A crew is sanding the joints in the sheetrock walls.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor completed relocating the sprinkler heads.
- New ceiling light fixtures are being installed.
- The contractor began installing perimeter ceiling tiles in the corridors and installing supply diffusers.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor continues installing the new steel.