Tuesday, August 26, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos is pulling wire and hanging travel cable for Elevator #4 and wiring the controller for Elevator #7.
- Zimmer finished removing the ceiling in the area of the 1st Floor lounge.
- They completed the lounge area demolition on the 2nd Floor.
- The demolition in the annex on the 3rd and 4th Floors is still in progress.
- LSIHSC Facility Services personnel continue the installation of new fan coil units.
- The painting contractor continued repairing walls and painting in five rooms on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor completed filling in the areaway in the front of the building and one of two areaways in the rear of the building.
- The Herman Miller Group continued setting up furniture in offices on the 7th Floor.
Campus Lab Renovations:
- The contractor continues installing new conduit.
Campus Auditorium A & B Renovations:
- The ceiling contractor continues laying out the new ceiling.
- The contractor began installing new duct work.
- The roofing contractor continues replacing damaged sections of the roof.
- The contractor replaced roof material next to the wing walls.
- Crews staged and set sandbags around switchgear rooms for the CSRB and the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- They inspected and removed possible missile hazards from the all rooftops.
- Elevator door dams have been staged near their respective storm locations.
- LSUHSC Facility Services started running conduit and wiring for light fixtures in the study areas along the exterior windows.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor continues to install sheetrock and insulation on the 7th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor continues running waste line between the 5th and 6th Floor bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- They are running lines for the new medical gas that will supply the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- Crews are re-routing the domestic water and waste lines for the break room area on the 6th Floor.
- Thimbles are being installed to prepare the new deck for concrete placement on the 2nd Floor
- The new supply duct is being run on the S. Prieur St./CSRB side of the 6th Floor .
- The glass subcontractor is installing new metal trim pieces around the windows on the 1st Floor on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- The contractor is constructing the new circular ceiling outside of the passenger elevator lobby on the 6th Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing new electrical panels on the 2nd Floor in the new electrical room on the CSRB side of the building.
- The contractor is installing steel sleeves in the elevator pits and fire caulking.
- The contractor completed relocation of all the sprinkler heads in the ceiling.
- The contractor began laying out the new floor tile pattern.
Floor Elevator Lobby Renovations:
- The crew continues priming and painting the new sheetrock.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues installing flex duct and supply grilles in the corridors.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor continues installing the steel supports for the new roof section.