Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Services Hurricane Preparations:
- Crews continued filling sandbags and setting them in place.
- The hurricane preparations in the various building machinery rooms have begun.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The installation of sheetrock and insulation on 7th Floor continues.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is running lines for the new medical gas that will supply the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- They continue working on the installation of new waste lines for the simulation rooms from the 6th to the 5th Floor.
- The installation of the new waste line from the 5th to the 6th Floor bathrooms is progressing.
- Crews continue to run the new supply duct on the S. Prieur/CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The glass sub-contractor is installing new metal trim pieces around the new windows on the 1st Floor.
- The new circular ceiling outside of the passenger elevator lobby on the 6th Floor is being constructed.
- The electrical sub-contractor is installing new electrical panels on the 2nd Floor in the new electrical room on the CSRB side of the building.
- They have started re-attaching electrical panels to new CMU walls on the S. Prieur side of the building.
- They are running a new electrical line to the AHU on the S. Prieur side of the 1st Floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The elevator contractor is pulling wire and hanging travel cable for Elevator #4 and wiring the controller on Elevator #7.
- The demolition in the area of the 1st Floor lounge and in the interiors of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex is progressing.
- The painting contractor continued repairing walls and painting in five rooms on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor completed filling in the areaway in rear of the building.
- All areaways have been filled.
- The lighting contractor installed new light fixtures in Stairwell D.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues work on various maintenance items throughout the building.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- The fencing contractor is installing temporary gates on the Poydras St. side of both Student Parking lots.
Campus Lab Renovations:
- The contractor is removing the demolition debris and installing new conduit for the labs.
Campus Auditorium A & B Renovation:
- The contractor continued laying out the new ceiling.
- The mechanical sub-contractor continues installing new duct work.
- Needham Roofing continues replacing damaged sections of roofing.
- They finished new roofing sheets next to the wing walls.
- Patch sheets are being installed around flashing on the Clinic Building .
Refrigerator/Freezer Clean Out and Disposal:
- The refrigerant was removed from the refrigerators/freezers and the contractor removed them from the site.
- The cleaning of the 6th, 7th and 8th Floor walk-in coolers is complete.
- Facility Services continues to run conduit and wiring for the light fixtures in the study areas along the exterior windows.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor continues patching and preparing the floor to lay tiles.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor is painting the new sheetrock.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor resumed installation of new ceiling tile and light fixtures.
- The sprinkler sub-contractor prepared the fur-down ceilings in the student lounge areas for the installation of sprinklers.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor installed a support column, the north cross beam, and 6 bar joists.
Hall Walkway Resurfacing:
- The contractor began removing the walkway surface.