Thursday, August 28, 2008
- A temporary diesel fuel tank was positioned between the CSRB and the Lions/LSU Clinic Building and filled with fuel.
- This tank will provide additional fuel reserves for the emergency generators.
- All of the sandbags were set in final locations.
- Crews continued removing missile hazards and completing storm preparations.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The elevator contractor continues pulling wire and hanging travel cable for Elevator #4.
- They began work on the 8th Floor doors for Elevator #4.
- Demolition in the 1st Floor lounge area and in the 3rd and 4th Floor annex continues.
- The electrical sub-contractor installed new electrical wiring in the lounges on 6th and 7th floors.
- Facility Services continues work on various maintenance items throughout the building.
- The painting contractor continued repairing walls and painting in five rooms on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The contractor started building the formwork for the concrete caps on the areaways.
- The lighting contractor completed installing light fixtures in Stairwell D and started installing fixtures in Stairwell C.
- The contractor continues to rough-in plumbing and electrical on the 8th Floor, Room 8405.
Auditoriums A & B Renovations:
- The contractor is removing the support beams for the accordion walls and the old fresh air ductwork.
Campus Roof Replacement:
- The roofing contractor continues replacing damaged sections of roofing.
- They finished installing roofing around the perimeter of the penthouse on the Clinic Building .
- They are re-sealing the pitch pockets near the wing walls.
- The contractor is removing old data and telephone cables that have been replaced by new re-routed cables.
- The plumbing materials were delivered today.
- The electricians continue to lay out conduit for the light fixtures.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The mechanical subcontractor continues running lines for the new medical gas service on the 6th Floor
- They are running a supply duct on the S. Prieur /CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The heating hot water lines on the Bolivar/CSRB side of the 6th Floor are being insulated.
- A crew is running the waste line from the 5th Floor up to new 6th Floor bathrooms.
- Pipe is being run to the new VAVs on the 7th Floor.
- The glass subcontractor is installing new metal trim pieces around the exterior windows on the 1st Floor, Gravier St. side of the building.
- The electrical subcontractor is tying in conduit for new transfer switches on the 2nd Floor.
- They are re-mounting electrical panels to new CMU walls on the S. Prieur side of the building.
- They finished installing the electrical line for the new AHU on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side.
- The contractor is re-anchoring and sealing the temporary plywood at all the locations where windows have been removed.
- The contractor is laying VCT tiles in the main room.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor continues painting the sheetrock in the lobby.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor has installed approximately eighty-five percent of the light fixtures and the fixtures are being tested.
- Approximately sixty-five percent of the ceiling tiles have been installed.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor installed the remaining 4 bar joists and the steel tube truss above the pedestrian gate.