Monday, August 04, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues with the repairs to Elevator #4.
- Zimmer-Eschette crews continue patching walls, painting and working on punch list items.
- Floors 7 and 8 are substantially complete.
- The crews started demolition of the interior of the 4th Floor annex.
- The contractor completed closing in the light well in the old cafeteria and began closing in the light well in the rear of the building.
- The insulation contractor continues insulating chilled water piping in the hallways and insulating the fan coil units in the various offices.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, and installing locksets.
- The terrazzo honing contractor stripped the wax from the hallway on the 1st Floor.
Perimeter Fencing Contract:
- The contractor continues to install the new monument fences on the Poydras and Perdido Street side of both Student Parking Lots.
- The roofing contractor continues caulking around the windows on the 5th Floor balcony and continues to unclog the remaining roof drains.
- The contractor is repairing roof drain strainers.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews are sanding and floating sheetrock in the 6th Floor hallway.
- Plumbers are working above the ceiling of the 5th Floor to install the floor drains and waste lines for the new 6th Floor bathrooms on the S. Prieur side of the building.
- Electricians are running conduit in the 5th Floor ceiling for the new Stryker equipment that will be installed in the Cohn Learning Center .
- Sprinkler pipe is being installed on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor removed the remaining windows from all the floors to accommodate the construction of the new exterior stairwell.
- The new trash compactor for the Resource Center was installed.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue work on the electrical rough-in.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues rerouting network cables to the rear offices.
- The contractor continues to rough-in the plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) for the new casework.
- The contractor began working on the electrical rough-in.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Crews are framing in the area around Campus Office Stores on the Bolivar/Perdido St. corner of the building.
- Electricians are installing electrical outlets to fit in the center of the wall panels.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor is approximately 90 percent complete with the installation of the new ceiling grid in the center corridor on the Bolivar St. side of the building.
- They are nearly 80 percent complete in the rear corridor on the loading dock side of the building.