Wednesday, August 6, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The repair work on Elevator #4 is ongoing.
- The general contractor continues patching walls, painting and working on punch list items on Floors 5 and 6.
- Demolition of the 4th Floor annex continues.
- The contractor continues closing in the light wells in the rear of the building.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, installing locksets, and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- The terrazzo honing contractor continues preparing the hallway on the 1st Floor for the initial honing.
- Access control devices are being installed on the front doors to the building and connected to the access control system.
- The painting contractor is refinishing restroom stall doors and hallway doors throughout the building.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- The installation of the decorative (monument) fence continues in the area of the Pocket Park.
- CS & Associates is on site installing temporary partitions and protective barriers for the auditorium renovation project.
- Needham Roofing completed the installation of the roof exhaust vents for the elevator penthouse on Administration Building .
- They continue to work on punch-list items; installing caulking and weather-proofing.
- The electrical rough-in work is progressing.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews are installing the door frames in the new laboratory walls on the 7th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is piping in the new AHU on the 6th Floor on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The plumbers are roughing in the water closet and the urinals in the S. Prieur St. side Menâ€™s bathroom on the 6th Floor.
- They are also working on the heating hot water main and branch on the east side of the 6th Floor.
- Electricians are running conduit above the 5th Floor ceiling for the new Stryker equipment to be installed in the Cohn Learning Center .
- Electricians are installing the cable tray that will run from the main electrical vault to the new switchgear in order to prepare for the installation of the new cable.
- A CMU wall is being erected on the 1st Floor outside of the stairwell on the Bolivar/Perdido St. side of building.
- The rough in plumbing of the medical gas, air, & vacuum that will connect to the new casework is proceeding.
- The electricians continue working on the electrical rough in.
- The contractor started installing the track for the new partition doors.
Floor Lobby Renovation:
- The contractor is framing and dry walling new walls in the area around Medical Center Stores on the Roman/Perdido St. side of the building.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor started installing the wall angle in the corridor on the Bolivar St. side of the building.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor continues to fabricate the new steel.
Roman St. Parking
- Auxiliary Enterprises completed terminating the new cables for security cameras.
- The old camera wires have been removed from the security gate.