Thursday, August 07, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to make repairs to Elevator #4.
- Zimmer-Eschette, the general contractor continues patching walls, painting and working on punch list items on Floors 5 and 6.
- Demolition of the fourth floor annex continues.
- Demolition of the third floor annex demolition has started.
- The contractor continues closing in the light wells in the rear of the building and dry proofing the enclosure in the front light well.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue installing new fan coil units, installing locksets, and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- Portable air conditioning units were energized and adjustments are being made.
- The terrazzo honing contractor began honing the hallway on the 1st Floor.
- Niscayah is wiring and installing access control devices on the front doors to the building and on the loading dock stairwell doors.
- The painting contractor is refinishing the restroom stall doors and the hallway doors throughout the building.
Downtown Perimeter Fencing Project:
- The back gate on Poydras Street is being installed.
Dental School Campus:
- Contractor finished installing the temporary partitions and protection barriers for the auditorium renovation project.
- The roofing contractor continues to work on punch-list items; installing caulking and weather-proofing.
- New trash compactors were installed at the Lions/LSU Clinic Building and the CSRB.
- The LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue laying out and planning the electrical rough-in at the Kiosk location.
- Auxiliary Enterprises began pulling network wires through the bulk head to feed the study area in the Library Commons.
- The mechanical contractor has set the HVAC unit that will serve the Commons area in place.
- The plumbing for the unit was run previously.
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- Crews continue installing door frames on 7th Floor.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is piping in the VAV on the 6th Floor.
- The plumbers are roughing in the water closet and the urinals in the S. Prieur St. side Mens bathroom on the 6th Floor.
- The electricians are starting to run feeder cable from the Entergy vault to the new switchgear room on the 2nd Floor.
- A CMU wall is being installed on the 1st Floor outside the elevator lobby on the Bolivar/Perdido St. side of the building.
MEB MDL #5:
- The installation of the track for the new partition has been completed.
- The contractor continues to rough in the plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) for the new casework.
- The contractor continues working on the electrical rough in.
MEB 2nd Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Crews are framing the back wall where the digital signage is going to be located.
MEB 4th Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- Contractor continues installing wall angle in the corridor on the Bolivar St. side of the building and in front of the student lounge areas.
Residence Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- The steel fabrication is proceeding.