Friday, September 12, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE.:
General contractor continued demolition in the 3rd and 4th floor annex.
Elevator contractor continued work on elevator #4.
Contractor repaired holes in plaster ceilings of several offices on 5th, 6th and 7th floors.
Facility Services continued installing new fan coil units on the 6th floor. Work continued on installation of restroom accessories throughout the building. Work continued roughing in plumbing in the 6th and 7th floor lounges for the new kitchenettes. Completed layout and preparations for irrigation piping and landscaping along Tulane Avenue.
DENTAL CAMPUS 6th and 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
Contractor is coring in room 8405 and is roughing-in drain lines for the new lab sinks.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
Mechanical Contractor is insulating ductwork and piping in Auditorium A.
Contractor continues to construct the ceiling framing in Auditorium B.
The contractor continued installing smoke dampers.
LIONS BUILDING MITIGATION:
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is running lines for the new Med Gas on the 6th floor simulation rooms.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is running supply duct on the Gravier side of the 6th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is insulating the heating hot water lines on the Bolivar/CSRB side of the 6th floor. They are also insulating the supply duct following the installation on the Gravier side of the floor on 6 and also on 7th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor finished raising the existing waste lines that are below the new ceiling height on the 6th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is piping in the waste lines and the vents for the water closet carriers and urinals in the bathrooms on the Bolivar side of the 6th floor.
- Mechanical Sub-Contractor is piping in the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st floor on the Gravier/Bolivar side of the building.
- Electrical Sub-Contractor is terminating the wire to the new panel boxes on the 2nd floor in the new electrical room on the CSRB side.
- Iron Sub-Contractor started erecting the steel beams for the first 2 floors of the new stairwell.
- Contractor is painting the walls on the 7th floor of the new lab.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed a majority of the ceiling tiles in edge of the corridors.