Tuesday, September 16, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE.:
General contractor continued demolition in the 3rd floor annex.
General contractor placed new concrete decks in the lounges on 4th, 5th,
6th and 7th floors.
Elevator contractor continued work on elevator #4.
Lighting contractor continued installing new light fixtures in the 1st
floor Family Medicine offices.
Painting contractor continued painting stairwell and hallway ceilings.
Security contractor installed the new pan-tilt-zoom camera for the front
Contractor placed new concrete lids on the area ways in the front and rear
of the building.
Facility Services continued installing new fan coil units in 615, 616, and
617. Preparations for installation of landscaping irrigation piping commenced in
front of the building.
DENTAL CAMPUS ROOFING REPAIRS:
Roofing Contractor is repairing roof at wing walls of Clinic Building
and is waterproofing perimeter of Clinic roof.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
General Contractor continues to construct framing for ceiling in Auditorium
B and is laying-out framing for ceiling in Auditorium A.
LANDSCAPING & EXTERIOR WORK:
Storm-toppled trees were replanted and stabilized in front of Resource
Center and Lions Eye Center.
- Contractor framed the wall nearest to freight elevator.
LIONS BUILDING MITIGATION:
- Mechanical subcontractor is running lines for new Med Gas on the 6th
floor simulation rooms; running supply duct on Gravier side of 6th floor;
insulating heating hot water lines on Bolivar/CSRB side of 6th floor;
insulating supply duct on Gravier side of 6th floor; rerouting existing
waste lines below new ceiling height on 6th floor; installing new waste
lines from the 5th floor to the new 6th floor bathrooms on the Bolivar/CSRB
side, and piping in the AHU in mechanical room on 1st floor on the Gravier/Bolivar
side of the building.
- Electrical subcontractor is terminating the wire to new panel boxes on
the 2nd floor in new electrical room on the CSRB side; re-routing outlets
around med gas lines by the 6th floor simulation rooms; and installing
outlets in new lab area on the 7th floor.
- Iron subcontractor is welding new stairwell beams on 2nd and 6th floors on
the outside of the building on Gravier side.
MDL-5 LAB RENOVATION:
Contractor continues installing casework (unistrut frame), the LCD panels
display, and reinstalling air, gas and vacuum line for new casework.
Contractor is installing new partition panels.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- Contractor began installing exit signs and continued installing ceiling
- Fire Marshall Inspection is scheduled for Monday 9/22/2008 @ 2pm.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor removed the temporary ramps between tower A and tower B
elevators and removed the bricks at all door entrances to make a clean
transition for the new floor.