Wednesday, October 1, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE:.
- The general contractor is continuing their ceiling repair work in Room 718.
- Crews are installing new suspended ceiling grid in the 7th and 8th Floor elevator lobbies.
- Dry wall is being installed in the lounges on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Floors.
- The painters continued painting offices on the 5th through the 8th Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 524.
- The flooring contractor continued carpet repair and installation in rooms on the 7th Floor.
- They are also installing floor tile in stairwells and the restroom alcoves.
- Sprinklers are being installed in the raised planters in the front of the building by running pipe under the wall footer.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The 2nd coat of mastic moisture protection has been applied to the exterior walls in Auditorium A.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is insulating the chilled and heating hot water lines for the new AHU’s.
DENTAL CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor resumed installation of walk pads on the Administration Building roof.
DENTAL CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The old laboratory benches in Rooms 6333 and 6335 have been demolished and removed.
- Steel supports for the coil fire door are being installed.
- The duct work in the café area is being relocated.
- The rough-in of the plumbing piping for the coffee kiosk continues.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical sub-contractor is insulating supply duct and heating hot water lines on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are pressure testing the heating hot water lines on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The new VAV on the 6th Floor is being piped in.
- Vent lines for the floor drains in the mechanical room on the 2nd Floor are being run.
- The trap primer for the new drains on the 2nd Floor is being installed.
- A crew is running underground waste lines for the sinks on the 1st Floor bathroom.
- The supply duct is being run in the 1st Floor mechanical room on the Bolivar St./Gravier St. Side of the building.
- The electrical sub-contractor is installing electrical outlets in the new CMU walls on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side.
- The iron sub-contractor is welding the decking support on Floors 3 - 5 for the new exterior stairwell.
- The 7th Floor sprinkler heads are being relocated in the new lab space.
- The contractor is installing ceiling grid on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Ceiling wire is being installed on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- New door frames are being hung in the new walls on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is sealing wall penetrations on the Gravier St. and CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Sheetrock is being hung on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- CMU walls are being constructed on the S. Prieur St. Side of the 1st Floor.
MEB MDL-5 LAB RENOVATIONS:
- Nine new stainless steel sinks are being installed in Room 4109.
- The plumbing sub continues to reconnect air/gas/vac for the casework and acid waste drains for the sink cabinets in the main MDL lab.
MEB 2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor is framing the area by the storage closets.
- The data and phone wires have been run in Room 2108.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor is framing the two large return grilles on the loading dock side of the building.