Friday, October 10, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The painting contractor continued painting restrooms on all floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in offices on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- The flooring contractor installed carpet in offices on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The furniture vendor arranged offices along the front hallway on the 6th Floor and on the 7th Floor in their final layout.
- The terrazzo contractor continues honing floors on the 1st Floor by the Shipping and Receiving area.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making piping connections for the landscape irrigation.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor began constructing new block walls that will separate the Auditoriums.
- Crews began framing new walls with studs and hat channel in both Auditoriums.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor is installing pipe hangers and supports for the vent piping.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continues installing cap sheets over roofing sheets marred by foot traffic.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- The installation and testing of the new trash compactor at Dental School has been completed.
- The contractor continues to install sheetrock.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating the supply and return ducts by the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- Crews are checking the connections for the VAV boxes on the 6th Floor.
- They are installing piping outside of the elevator lobby to connect to the sump pump that will be installed in the pit of the freight elevator on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor is setting the stairs and rails on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- They are welding the saddles on the 1st Floor and welding the frame on the 4th Floor.
- They are also laying the deck for the landings on the 4th and 5th Floors.
- The sprinkler subcontractor is moving sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side of the building.
- The contractor is sealing wall penetrations on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew is hanging sheetrock on the 6th Floor by the bathroom on the Bolivar St. side.
- Door frames continue to be installed on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side.
- They are cleaning the elevator pit for Elevators 2 and 3.
- They continue to install the CMU walls on the 1st Floor in the bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The audio and visual cables for the LCD monitor have been run to the control boxes.
- The network wiring contractor began to terminate data cables in the main MDL room.
- The contractor continues general cleaning in the main MDL room.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor skim-coated the honeycomb ceilings outside the lecture hall on the Bolivar St. side and framed the area at the rear of Medical Center Stores.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed smoke detectors and sanded sheetrock on the recessed ceiling.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor completed installation of scupper roof drains on the lobby expansion deck.
- The flooring subcontractor is trimming the existing brick pavers for smooth transition to new porcelain base.