Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- Repair of the ceiling grid in the front hallway on the 6th and 7th Floors is proceeding.
- The contractor is sanding the lounge walls in preparation for primer and paint.
- Drywall repairs in offices on the 3rd Floor continue.
- The electrical contractor continues installing new light fixtures in conference rooms on the 6th Floor.
- The furniture vendor finished the installation and arrangement of furniture in offices on the 7th Floor.
- They placed furniture in the final arrangement in 80 percent of the offices on the 1st Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues installing new paper towel and soap dispensers in restrooms on all floors.
- They continued working on punch list items on the 5th Floor.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B
- The general contractor framed up walls in Auditoriums A and B.
- The electrical contractor installed junction boxes and mounted hardware for the light fixtures in both auditoriums.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor installed vacuum piping for Room 8405.
- The general contractor removed thimbles from the demolished lab casework in Room 8405.
- The contractor installed the final sheet metal vent caps on the Administration Building roof and finished installing roofing cap sheets over the marred roof sheets.
- The contractor removed the dumpster and excess materials from the job site.
- The new trash compactors installed around campus were put into operation.
- Landscape grading continues in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- Contractor installed sheetrock in the elevator lobby and restroom.
- The sprinkler contractor removed existing sprinkler piping that conflicted with the new ceiling layout.
- The mechanical subcontractor continued insulated supply duct on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Crews are installing branch lines to the VAV boxes on the Gravier St./S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They moved a vent line in the bathroom on the 6th Floor that conflicted with a duct.
- The subcontractor trimmed out cabinets and a fume hood on the 7th Floor and welded the exhaust for the fume hood.
- The electrical subcontractor moved the transformer on the S. Prieur St. side of the 2nd Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the landings on the 4th Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- They relocated sprinkler heads on the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side.
- The casework subcontractor continued installing new lab casework on the 7th Floor.
- Additional door frames were installed on the 6th Floor.
- They re-waterproofed the elevator pit on the 1st Floor.
- The casework contractor installed panels and countertops for the middle island in all 4 quadrants of the lab.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued to skim coat the pans of the honeycomb ceiling.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor constructed the concrete form for the storefront curb at the S. Roman St. side of the Residence Hall.