Tuesday, October 21, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 524.
- The fire alarm contractor continued installing strobes and speakers in the lounges on the 6th and 7th Floors.
- The construction cleaning contractor commenced work on the 8th Floor.
- Facility Services continued to work on punch list items in rooms along the 1st Floor central hallway.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor framed new walls in Auditorium B.
- The electrical subcontractor installed wiring and conduit for the power receptacles in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor finished the de-ionized water piping installation and pressure testing for the 6th and 8th Floor labs.
- Facility Services continued grading the landscape and setting planter bed edging in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor removed all of the existing fire sprinkler piping and installed fire sprinklers in the cafÃ© area.
- The contractor installed ductwork near the center stairwell.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated the supply duct on the Gravier St./S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They installed additional supply duct to the VAVs on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are also installing supply lines from the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the frame for the stairwell roof and the joints where each stair level meets.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed more sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor.
- Laboratory casework is being installed on the 7th Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor installed lights on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side of the building.
- They ran wire for the new lights in the elevator lobby on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor crews continued installing door frames on the 6th Floor,
- They installed fur downs on the 6th Floor on the S. Prieur side.
- They removed the sheetrock ceiling for the installation of the new door on the 1st Floor across from the security desk.
- The contractor replaced the four center pedestal frames in the main MDL room.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continues to skim coat the pans of the honeycomb ceiling to provide a smooth surface for painting.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed four additional rows of porcelain tiles on the lobby floor between Towers A and B.