Wednesday, October 22, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors and in the lounges.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in Conference Room 524.
- The fire alarm contractor continued roughing in strobes and speakers in the lounges on the 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued work on the 8th Floor and started cleaning on the 7th Floor.
- Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on Floors 5 through 8.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed wood supports for the handrails and baseboards in Auditorium B and framed the soffit for the ceiling in Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor installed wiring and conduit for the sconces and receptacles in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor installed horizontal gas and vacuum piping inside the interior wall of Room 8405.
- Facility Services continued grading landscape and setting planter bed edging in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor installed fire sprinklers near the Library entrance.
- The contractor installed ductwork near the Library entrance.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated additional supply duct on the 6th Floor.
- They continued to install supply lines from the AHU in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed additional sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor.
- The installation of the new laboratory casework on the 7th Floor is proceeding.
- The electrical subcontractor installed lights on the 6th Floor on the CSRB side of the building.
- Electricians ran wire for the new lights in the elevator lobby on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor installed door frames on the 6th Floor on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- A crew continued installing fur downs on the 6th Floor S. Prieur side.
- The fur downs on the 6th Floor CSRB side were taped and floated.
- A crew began cleaning the granite on the outside of the building on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The contractor installed coax cables and the control boxes for the 65â€ and 42â€ LCD monitors.
- The contractor installed countertops for the pedestal frames in the MDL lab.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued to skim coat the pans of the honeycomb ceiling.
- They started to install ceiling supports for the drop ceiling on the South Roman St. side of the lobby.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed four additional rows of porcelain tile between the A and B Towers.