Friday, October 24, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- They installed suspended ceiling grid in the lounges on the 6th and 7th Floors and started installation of ceiling grid in the lounges on the 4th and 5th Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in hallways and stairwells.
- The furniture vendor continued arranging furniture in offices on the 5th Floor.
- The construction cleaning contractor shampooed the 7th Floor office carpets.
- They continued cleaning on the 7th and 6th Floors.
- Crews returned to cleaned areas that failed inspection on the 8th Floor.
- Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on floors 5 to 8.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed wood supports for the baseboards in Auditorium A along the south wall and installed insulation on the east and south walls of Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor installed wiring and conduit for the walls in Auditorium A.
- The contractor installed metal framing for the soffit and ceiling in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor installed horizontal gas and vacuum piping inside the interior walls of the tissue culture room in Room 8405J.
- They installed the drain line for the fume hood in Room 6335.
- The general contractor removed the door and frame at the south entrance of Room 8405.
- They framed the exterior wall for Room 8405K and the south entrance of Room 8405.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed three sinks and faucets in the 7th Floor lab.
- The plumbers continued to rough in the waste, vent, and domestic water lines for the urinals and the toilets in the bathroom on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the decking for the roof and saddles on the 4th and 6th Floor.
- The casework subcontractor installed four base cabinets and six countertops in the 7th Floor lab space.
- The contractor installed additional fur downs on the 6th Floor.
- They continued to tape and float the fur downs on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew installed tile floor at the entry way of the new lab on the 7th Floor.
- The contractor installed electrical receptacles for the pedestal frames in the MDL room.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed ceiling grid on the Roman St. side of the lobby.
- The mechanical subcontractor removed the existing supply and return air ductwork.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor grouted the new tiles that have been laid between the A and B Towers.