October 29, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued making drywall repairs in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in restrooms, hallways and stairwells.
- The construction cleaning contractor cleaned carpets on the 7th Floor overnight.
- Cleaning continued on the 6th Floor and rework continued in areas that failed inspection on the 7th Floor.
- All rooms on the 8th floor are complete.
- Facility Services continued to work on punch list items on Floors 5 to 8.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor prepped the sheetrock on the south and west walls for the wall paneling.
- The electrical contractor installed wiring for two rows of down lights in Auditorium A.
- The general contractor installed insulation and sheetrock on the north, east, and west walls in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The insulation contractor insulated the supply duct on the south side of Room 8405.
- The mechanical contractor installed horizontal gas piping in the walls of Rooms 8405D and 8405G.
- Facility Services completed grading the area on the right side of the steps in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The crew started installing landscape edging in the large area to the left of the steps and adjusted sprinkler head heights to coincide with the final grade.
- The contractor installed fire sprinklers in the lounge near the windows and mudded sheetrock in the multi-media rooms.
- LSUHSC electricians installed fixtures in the cafÃ© lounge area.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed medical air and vacuum lines to 4 turrets in the 7th Floor lab.
- They installed supply grills on the 6th Floor, CSRB side.
- Crews continued insulating supply duct and heating hot water lines on the 6th Floor in the simulation rooms.
- They installed zones for the 1st Floor AHU supply lines in the mechanical room on the S. Prieur St. side.
- They insulated domestic hot and cold water in the bathroom on the 1st Floor S. Prieur side.
- Plumbers continue to rough in the waste and vent lines for the water closets in the bathroom on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The iron subcontractor welded the hand rails on the 4th through the 6th Floors stairs.
- They welded the bathroom partition support in the bathrooms on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The casework subcontractor installed four lab bench shelves, eight backsplashes and three runs of wire mold in the 7th Floor lab.
- The electrical subcontractor installed outlets in four runs of wire mold.
- They installed 4 inch riser conduit going from the 2nd Floor to the 1st Floor on the S. Prieur St. side.
- They pulled wire for dimmer switches on the 6th Floor, CSRB side.
- The sprinkler subcontractor raised sprinkler heads and pipe on the 2nd Floor in the new build out area.
- The contractor installed a door on the 6th Floor, CSRB side.
- They hung sheetrock in the bathrooms on the 6th Floor on the Bolivar St. and S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- They are installing granite in the elevator lobby on the 1st Floor, Gravier St. side.
- Crews placed CMU on the 1st Floor around the door frame in the CSRB side lobby.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completing the skim coating and painted the honeycomb ceiling on the Bolivar St. side of the lobby.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- In preparation for the installation of the new mailboxes, the contractor removed electrical conduits between Towers A&B.