Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued taping and floating the sheetrock walls in the lounges on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The painting contractor completed painting offices on Floors 5 through 7 and continues painting restrooms on all floors.
- The electrical contractor completed installing new light fixtures in the elevator lobbies and hallways on the 1st Floor and the 5th through the 8th Floors.
- The insulation contractor continues to insulate fan coil units and piping throughout the building.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians are troubleshooting lighting problems in offices on the 6th Floor.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor is repairing the block walls for the air handling unit room.
- Crews resumed framing the ceiling in Auditorium A.
- The electrical subcontractor continues to pull new wiring for the electrical service in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor finished the installation of the gas piping for Room 8405.
- The cleaning contractor is stripping and cleaning the floors in Room 8405.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed new walk pads at the entrance to the Administration Building roof.
AND EXTERIOR WORK:
- The grounds crew performed trash removal and landscape maintenance around campus.
- The contractor framed the ceiling at the passenger elevators.
- The network wiring contractor connected Library clients to new network connections.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating supply lines, return lines, supply ducts and heating hot water lines on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They are running branch lines to the VAV on the 6th Floor by the simulation rooms.
- A crew continues to re-pipe the VAV on 6th Floor Gravier St. side.
- They are running a 4 inch waste line and a 2 inch vent line from the floor drain preparing to relocate the fire pump to the 2nd Floor.
- Crews are piping in the p-trap for the floor drain for the fire pump.
- They are installing control panels for the sump pump for Elevator #2 in the elevator pit and the mechanical room on the Gravier St. side of the 1st floor.
- The electrical subcontractor is preparing for the move of a transformer to the 2nd Floor in the mechanical room on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- They are re-routing conduit on the 6th Floor that is currently in the way of the supports and track for the new movable wall panels.
- The iron subcontractor is welding the taps on the steel structure on the 4th and 5th Floors for new exterior stairwell.
- They are welding the saddles on the 1st and 2nd Floors and installing the supports for the removable wall panels in the large lecture room.
- The sprinkler subcontractor is relocating sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is installing floor tiles on the 7th Floor for the new lab.
- They continue installing door frames on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor, sealing wall penetrations on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor and installing new CMU walls on the 1st Floor.
- The contractor installed the remainder of the white boards in the main MDL labs and in corner rooms.
- The plumbing subcontractor completed the connections for the new turrets (gas, air, vacuum, hot & cold, and DI water) and drainage in Room 4109.
- The casework subcontractor is installing the top frame for the countertop in the main MDL room.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor scraped off the excess concrete from the joint between the honeycomb concrete ceilings.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed the scupper drain on top of the expansion roof.
- The flooring subcontractor is marking the floor pattern.
HALL WALKWAY RESURFACING:
- The contractor is installing the 3rd concrete underlayment layer on the walkway.