Monday, November 10, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued making wall repairs in Room 545 and in various offices on the 2nd Floor.
- The electrical contractor installed new light fixtures on the front porch and continued installing light fixtures in conference rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- Preparations continue for installation of the new light fixtures in the 1st floor lobby.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning offices on the 5th Floor and restrooms on the 7th Floor.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing and insulating air conditioning ducting in the lounges on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Floors.
- Facility Services continued minor repairs on various floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed wire mesh and foam anchors for the riser seating in Auditorium A.
- The contractor installed additional sheetrock in the ceiling troughs in Auditorium B.
- The electrical contractor installed wiring for the down lights in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor caulked joints for all the exterior masonry walls in Suite 8405 .
- Facility Services continued planting shrubs and spread mulch in the planting beds in front of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The contractor installed wall tiles on the frieze wall, sprinkler pipes in the mechanical room, and ceiling grid in the study area.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed eyewash and emergency shower signage on the 7th Floor.
- They insulated supply air ductwork on the northeast side of the 6th Floor.
- Crews insulated domestic water lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- The steel subcontractor welded clips on the 2nd Floor and the roof of the stair tower.
- The electrical subcontractor finished installing the electrical receptacles for the lab on the 7th Floor.
- Another crew moved the transformer on the 2nd Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor moved sprinkler heads on the northwest side of the 6th Floor.
- They installed fire pump valves on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the bulkhead on the northeast side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew installed studs on the 2nd Floor between the electrical and telephone room and plastered the CMU walls on the east side of the 1st Floor.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed the new mailboxes.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor installed supply ductwork for the restrooms and lobby space.
6109 & 6148 LAB RENOVATIONS: This is
a new project that will renovate a research lab at the MEB. Included in the scope of work are new
ceilings, flooring, and lab countertops.
- The contractor removed ceiling grids, ceiling tiles, and HVAC grills.