Tuesday, November 18, 2008
- The general contractor continued work on the floor of Room 545.
- They painted the ceiling grid in the vending machine alcove on the 1st Floor.
- Preparations continue for installation of the new light fixtures in the 1st Floor lobby.
- The electrical contractor installed new light fixtures in the front hallway on the 7th Floor.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning restrooms on the 1st Floor.
- Crews are re-cleaning offices on the 5th Floor that have failed inspection.
- The network wiring contractor completed the new data wiring on the 8th Floor.
- They continued running new data wire in the 7th Floor offices.
- Window glass contractor replaced broken windows on the 1st and 2nd Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued minor repairs on various floors.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed foam supports and anchors for the riser seating in Auditorium B.
- They and installed additional sheetrock for the ceiling troughs in Auditorium A (1 trough remaining).
- The electrical contractor installed additional wiring for the emergency lights in Auditoriums A & B.
- Electricians installed wiring for the step lighting in Auditorium B.
DS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor removed wood blocking from the east exterior wall in Room 8405.
- The mechanical contractor installed branch ductwork preparing for diffuser installation in the ceiling grid near the windows.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed the pipes for the storm drain on the street.
- Crews insulated chilled and heating hot water lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- Ductwork from the VAVs to the new supply ducts on the west side of the 6th Floor was installed.
- The HVAC system on the 7th Floor was balanced.
- The electrical subcontractor installed sixteen feeders for the new switchgear.
- The iron subcontractor welded the brackets for the curtain wall for the granite on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- The contractor installed restroom wall tiles on the west side of the 6th Floor.
- They painted the marker board locations on the south side of the 6th Floor
- A crew sheet rocked the areas for the recessed television monitors on the north side of the 6th Floor.
MEB 6109 & 6148 LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed new epoxy countertops, shelving support panels, and shelve brackets in both rooms.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed stud frames for a temporary wall, which will remain in place while the old curtain wall is removed and the new curtain wall is installed.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed the cove lights for the blue sky ceilings.