Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The initial re-occupation of the building began today. Materials from the Departments of Surgery, Neurology and Pathology are scheduled to be moved in today and tomorrow.
- The moving contractor delivered six truck loads for the Department of Surgery to the 7th Floor.
- The access control was activated for all doors.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning restrooms and stairwells.
- The elevator contractor continued removing the protective film on Elevator 8.
- The moving contractor completed delivery of six truckloads of material to the offices on the 7th Floor.
- The network wiring contractor continued running new data wiring on the 6th Floor.
- Facility Services put the new lobby light fixtures in service.
- They installed the sink, refrigerator and ice maker in the 7th Floor lounge.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed wiring for the riser seating and wall sconces in Auditorium A.
- The general contractor floated the sheetrock ceiling and walls in Auditorium B.
- The mechanical contractor installed piping for the heating hot water supply and return lines connected to the new AHUs.
- Facility Services completed removing and palletizing sandbags from around buildings at the downtown campus.
PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated chill water lines, heating hot water lines, and supply lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- Crews continued installing roof drains on the exterior stairwell tower.
- They installed exhaust fans and curbs on the roof of the stairwell tower.
- Angle stops for the plumbing fixtures in the rest rooms and the scrub sinks on the 6th Floor were installed.
- The electrical subcontractor mounted current and potential transformers for Entergy monitoring in the switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- They terminated 32 feeders to the switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- Wire to provide power to the roll up fire doors on the 5th and 6th Floor was pulled.
- The fireproofing subcontractor primed the saddles on the 4th â€“ 6th Floors of the exterior stairwell tower.
- The contractors continued to tape and float the fur downs and monitor recesses on the 6th Floor.
- Crews framed windows on the northwest side of the 6th Floor.
- They continue installing door frames in the middle of the 6th Floor.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor removed ceiling tiles, chairs, disconnected electrical lines and capped plumbing lines.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor capped existing supply HVAC duct between Tower A & B and near the corner of Perdido & Bolivar Sts.
6109 & 6148 RENOVATION:
- The contractor installed new VCT tiles flooring.