Thursday, November 6, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor installed ceiling tiles in the conference rooms on the 5th Floor and started making wall repairs in Room 545.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in conference rooms on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Floors.
- The flooring contractor began installing carpeting in the 6th and 7th Floor lounges.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued re-cleaning rooms that failed inspection on the 6th Floor and completed cleaning in several offices on the 5th Floor.
- Facility Services continued minor repairs on various floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed additional riser framing and foam for the Auditorium A seats.
- The contractor floated the sheetrock in Auditorium A.
- The electrical contractor installed conduit stub-ups for the seating in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed wiring in the junction boxes on the east wall of Suite 8405B .
- They installed electrical junction boxes for the base cabinets in Rooms 8405C, 8405D, 8405E, 8405F, 8405G, 8405H and 8405I.
- They installed wiring in the electrical junction boxes for the base cabinets in Rooms 8405A and 8405B.
- The general contractor installed sheetrock on the west wall in 8405D and on the east wall in 8405K.
- The contractor framed the doors in Room 8405F.
- LSUHSC Facility Services installed shrubs in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- Final preparations were made for Fallfest.
- The contractor installed sprinkler heads in the cafÃ© area and installed the roll-up fire door covers.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed return air grilles on the 7th Floor and on the 6th Floor South side.
- They insulated supply ductwork on the 6th Floor North side and installed relief vents for the temporary medical air and vacuum compressors on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded clips on the 1st through the 6th Floor of the West side of the stair tower.
- The electrical subcontractor installed electrical receptacles and data cables on the lab benches in the 7th Floor laboratory.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler trim rings on the 6th Floor South side.
- The contractor installed floor tile in both the Mens and Womens restrooms on the 6th Floor.
- Crews installed sheetrock on the fur downs in the new lecture room on the 6th Floor West side and installed the inside metal trim for the windows in the northwest corner on the 1st Floor.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor painted ductwork prior to its installation.
MDL 5 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor is testing the A/V equipment.