Thursday, December 18, 2008
- The general contractor continued to install ceiling tiles and grid in the 4th Floor lounge, hallways, and offices.
- The painting contractor continued work in the rear stairwell.
- Facility Services power washed the Lakeside Lot and continued minor repairs on various floors.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor set the new A/C unit and installed the drip pan in the A/V room (Room 4202).
- The electrical contractor connected additional conduit to the new electrical panels in the Auditoriums.
DENTAL 6th & 8th FLOOR LABORATORY
- The general contractor installed blocking for the walls in Rooms 8405C, 8405D, and 8405G.
- They honed the terrazzo floor in Room 8405J and polished the terrazzo in Room 8405A and 8405J.
- Facility Services activated the new irrigation station on the front corner of the Resource Center closest to Tulane Ave
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed medical gas outlet boxes on the 6th Floor in the simulation rooms.
- They installed piping for the sump pump in the pit of Elevators 1 and 4 and installed supply duct on the 6th Floor, Gravier/Bolivar side.
- The electrical subcontractor pulled the last 2 feeders for bus duct Riser A (Bolivar side of building) on the 1st Floor to the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- They wired the switchgear to the clean power conditioner on the 3rd Floor, installed cable tray on the 2nd Floor and ran wire from the new switchgear to the ATS on the 2nd Floor.
- The fireproofing subcontractor painted the exterior beams of the new stairwell on Floors 2 through 4.
- The contractor installed trim and trays for the marker boards on the 6th Floor, CSRB side.
- They installed ceiling grid on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Crews removed concrete in the pit for Elevator 1 and 4.
- They applied fire retarded paint to the plywood for the network and phone rooms.
- The contractor installed sheetrock on the center bulkhead.
- The fire alarm subcontractor removed old fire alarm devices.
MEB PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began removing walls in Rooms 5221, 5220, 5124, and 5124A.
MEB 2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed additional sprinkler branch piping on the Bolivar Street side of the lobby.
MEB MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing piping for hot/cold water and drainage in the 3rd Floor ceiling.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION
The contractor installed roofing membrane on the expansion.