Tuesday, December 9, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued painting in Room 545 and installed ceiling tiles in the 5th Floor lounge.
- The moving contractor delivered furniture and contents for the Dermatology and Anesthesiology departments to their offices on the 6th Floor.
- The painting contractor continued painting the front stairwell on the Claiborne Avenue end of the front hallway.
- The terrazzo contractor completed cove base repairs in the front hallways on the 4th through the 7th Floors.
- Facility Services continued minor repairs on various floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed the entrance door frame to Auditorium A and cut an opening for a new door in Room 4205.
- The mechanical contractor installed diffusers and flex duct in Auditorium B.
CAMPUS 6TH AND 8TH FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor extended the corridor wall framing to the slab of the deck above.
- The contractor applied additional water-proofing mastic to the exterior walls.
- Facility Services continued adjusting landscape edging in the planting beds in front of the Resource Center .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed additional storm drain pipe in the new stairwell and removed existing plumbing piping on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur/Gravier Street side.
- The sprinkler contractor rerouted sprinkler piping on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur/Gravier Street side.
- The contractor taped and floated sheetrock on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur/Gravier Street side.
- They primed the 6th Floor walls on the Gravier/Bolivar Street side and painted marker boards on the Perdido Street side.
- Crews installed studs and sheetrock in the 2nd Floor electrical room and plastered the 1st Floor CMU wall on the S. Prieur Street side.
- The contractor laid additional floor tiles at the Library entrance.
- The contractor installed wood supports around two columns for the column covers and install the doorframes for the restrooms.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed the knife edge ceiling grid trim on the South Roman Street side.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor raised the steel support for the new partition track in the MDL room.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed five vertical mullions above the entrance of the Residence Hall.
- The contractor taped and floated the interior temporary wall.