Monday, January 5, 2009
NOTE: Various contractors continued to work on projects
around campus during the holidays. This
update includes the work completed during that time.
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor framed new walls for Room 443 and continued removing paint in the auditorium.
- The granite contractor repaired walls in the center hallway on the 1st Floor.
- The painting contractor continued painting the center stairwell.
- Facility Services continued installing new locksets on the 4th Floor doors and door stops.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor spread and leveled thin set on the floors in preparation for the carpet installation.
- The general contractor installed the door frame for the new A/V Room 4202.
- The flooring contractor continued to grind the floors for the riser seating in Auditoriums A and B.
6th & 8th FLOOR LABORATORY RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor completed installation of door frames and installed insulation along the exterior wall in Room 6335 ( Moss Street wall).
- The contractor installed wood blocking along the Castine Street Side, in Room 6335.
- The mechanical contractor installed a fume hood exhaust duct in Room 8405B.
- The mechanical contractor installed the supply duct outlet taps for the ductwork in 8405B.
- Facility Services graded the landscaping in front of the Resource Center and began planting new shrubs.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical contractor completed the transfer of the 2 existing a/c risers from the old to the new switchgear.
- Electricians installed wire for outlets and lights on the 6th Floor, Gravier/Bolivar side.
- They lifted the new emergency generator onto the roof of the building.
- The general contractor installed additional sheetrock in the new mechanical/electrical room on the 2nd Floor.
- Crews installed granite panels near the 1st Floor elevators.
- They began framing the walls in the old lab space on the 6th Floor.
- New ceiling grid was installed in the 6th Floor hallway on the CSRB side of the building.
- The walls on the 2nd Floor were fire-caulked.
- The steel contractor continued to fireproof the steel beams in the exterior stairwell.
- The mechanical subcontractor installed chill water lines connecting to the AHU on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- Crews insulated heating hot water and supply lines on the 6th Floor, Gravier/Bolivar side.
- Chilled water lines were run to the AHU on the 1st Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor began installing wood panels on the feature wall near the entrance.
- They installed wood ceiling panels and installed the bar tabletop framing in the cafe area.
- Crews continued installing the custom column covers.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor removed interior walls in the administrative area.
- They completed removing all interior walls in the laboratory area.
- The electrical subcontractor started removing lights from the laboratory area.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The sprinkler contractor completed installation of all the new sprinkler piping.
- The flooring contractor prepped the floor for tile installation.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed installation of the structural support for the folding partitions.
- The contractor completed roughing-in the plumbing for the new casework.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor began installing the new glass on the Perdido and Bolivar sides of the lobby.
- The contractor installed the break metal for the diffuser and flex duct between Towers A and B.