Tuesday, February 17, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued patching holes in offices on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The electrical contractor completed installing new light fixtures in the 3rd Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor continued piping new fan coil units on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The painting contractor continued patching holes and priming walls in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- Facility Services continued repairs on the 3rd Floor and installing new door hardware on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor touched-up the paint and prepped the floor for final cleaning and polishing in Suite 8405 .
- Facility Services laid sod in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue and behind the Resource Center .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed fuel lines in the east hallway on the Bolivar St. side of the 9th Floor.
- They pressure tested both fuel lines in the Bolivar St. pipe chase.
- The contractor taped and floated the walls of the hallway on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- A crew taped and floated the fur down in the old lab area on the 6th Floor.
- They painted the hallway on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor and installed metal studs for the new stairwell wall on the 6th Floor, Gravier Street side.
- The granite floor on the 1st Floor, Gravier/Bolivar St. side was cleaned.
- Workers continued installing 6th Floor and roof curtain wall mullions on the exterior stairwell and welded the metal roof decking for the roof of the new stairwell.
- The electrical contractor mounted disconnects for the fire pump and EMDP panel on the roof.
- They installed wire to the VAV on the 6th Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- Electricians installed lights in the middle simulation lab on the 6th Floor and installed the light panel on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur Street side.
- LSUHSC electricians installed the spot lights in the study areas.
- The painting contractor touched up conduit in the black ceiling area.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The casework contractor installed countertops for the cabinet sinks.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor moved sprinkler pipe above the suspended ceiling and removed and capped the old sprinkler pipe on the Bolivar Street side.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed doorframes in the department head office and in the lab area.
- They continued taping and floating the lab area.
- The electrical contractor continued running lighting circuits in the lab area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor furred out the sheetrock wall where the old mailboxes were located.
- Crews started framing the fur down in the expanded lobby area and continued installing ceiling grid in the back corner of the Bolivar/Perdido Street side.
- The electrical subcontractor roughed in the floor boxes in the expanded lobby area.