Monday, February 9, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued taping and floating the drywall in the 2nd Floor lounge, framing walls and fur downs in the 1st Floor lounge and patching holes in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- The furniture vendor set furniture in offices on the 4th Floor.
- The mechanical contractor continued piping new fan coil units on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The network wiring contractor continued installation of new network wiring on the 1st Floor.
- Facility Services continued painting offices and hallways on the 4th Floor and continued pressure washing the Lakeside Lot.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed ceiling tiles on the 8th Floor.
- A second temporary boiler has been purchased to provide the redundancy needed to support the clinical operations. The installation of the new boiler is beginning.
- The contractor set up a construction fence for this project.
- The contractor installed new fence panels and planted shrubs and trees at the corner of Gravier St. and S. Claiborne Ave.
- LSUHSC Facility Services installed irrigation piping and sprinklers behind the Resource Center at the corner of S. Prieur St. and Gravier St .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed curtain wall mullions on the 5th Floor of the exterior stairwell.
- The contractor installed mirrors in the Womens restroom on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur Street side.
- Crews installed metal framing in the 6th Floor elevator lobby and reception area and angle supports on top of CMU walls on the 1st Floor, S. Prieur Street side.
- They plastered the walls in the restrooms on the 1st Floor, Bolivar/CSRB side.
- The doors on the 1st Floor, CSRB/S. Prieur Street side were adjusted and a crew cleaned the stone walkway on the Gravier St. side.
- The electrical subcontractor pulled additional wire for receptacles and installed conduit for lights on the Gravier St./Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor
- They continued to run conduit on the 9th Floor from the hallway to Room 901.
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated supply duct on the 6th Floor, Bolivar Street side and continued installing fire dampers on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor painted the fire exit door near the stairs.
- LSUHSC plumbers installed the water fountain.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed VCT tiles in the corner rooms.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor continued hanging sheetrock in the administrative area.
- The general contractor continued taping and floating the lab area.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor floated the storefront wall under window frames and began installing the exterior sliding glass door on the Bolivar Street side of the lobby.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued installing ceiling grid for the lobby between the A & B Towers and installed ceiling grid in the lobby.
HEALTH/NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- Preparations are underway by the contractor who will replace the storm-damaged roof on the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- The contractor set forms for the concrete base that will support the temporary exterior elevator lift.