Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- The general contractor continued patching and taping the walls in Rooms 109H, 111 and 111A.
- They completed installing the new suspended ceiling grid in Room 109H.
- The demolition in Room 341, 342 and 343 is proceeding.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing new fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on the 3rd Floor and the center stairwell between the 1st and the 4th Floors.
- The glass contractor installed the new storefront in the 1st Floor lounge and continued trim work.
- Facility Services continued making repairs on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floors, painting hallways on the 3rd Floor, and connecting electrical service for fan coil units on the 3rd floor.
- They began installing the new ceiling grid in Room 319C.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical contractor pulled control wire from the roof mounted emergency generator to the 2nd Floor.
- They continued installing light fixtures in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The contractor continued removing shaft walls from around the freight elevator.
- The installation of the glass on the exterior stairwell has been completed. Crews have begun caulking the glass panels.
- Workers continued installing granite on the exterior of the new stairwell.
- Ceiling tile was installed in the 6th Floor elevator lobby.
- Crews continued installing the wall by the roll down fire door on the 6th Floor.
- They have started installing sheet vinyl in the simulation labs.
- The granite floors on the 1st Floor, Bolivar Street side are being stripped.
- The mechanical contractor mounted actuators on the 1st and 6th Floors in the mechanical rooms on the S. Prieur Street side.
- They capped the fuel lines on the roof and on the 1st Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor continued installing sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor in the computer lounge.
- The contractor continued to paint the composite wall panels in the large multimedia room and installed sheetrock inside the Library.
- Additional work was done on the new display case in the elevator lobby.
- Facility Services continued installing light switches.
MEB 2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing the new light fixtures.
MEB MDL #6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed countertops, chase covers, and casework panels.
MEB PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed additional ceiling grid in the administrative area.
- They installed exhaust ductwork between the administrative area and the exhaust chase.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor continued installing air conditioning plenum boxes and linear diffusers.
- Ceiling grid was installed in the back lobby area in the C Tower.
- The contractor began running fire alarm wires.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS
- The cabinet installers installed the wall-mounted and peninsula shelving in Suite 8405 .
- The network wiring crew installed the network wiring for the peninsulas in 8405A and 8405B.
- They installed the network drops and wall plates for Rooms 6333 and 6335.
- The plumbing contractor installed the gas and vacuum connections for the peninsulas in Rooms 8405A and 8405B.
DENTAL SCHOOL AUDITORIUM A &
- The contractor primed and painted the wing walls in Auditoriums A & B.
DENTAL SCHOOL BOILER INSTALATION
- The contractor installed the gas piping and valves for the boiler.
- They assembled and prepped the boiler connections for the scheduled system tie-in.