TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued painting Rooms 111 and 111A.
- They completed the ceiling work in Room 111.
- The demolition is proceeding in Rooms 341, 342 and 343.
- The furniture vendor continued arranging furniture in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- The mechanical contractor installed a new fan coil unit in Room 341.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making various repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services completed trenching and began installing irrigation pipe in the rear of the Resource Center along S. Prieur St .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor began installing the roof of the new stairwell.
- Crews installed countertops in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- Workers continued installing carpet in the computer lounge continued applying plaster on the 1st Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- The electrical contractor installed lights on the exterior stairs on the S. Prieur Street side.
- Electricians installed floor boxes in the southwest simulation room.
- Workers installed the racks and cable tray in the 6th Floor network closet.
- They continued installing conduit for the new stairwell lighting and wire molding for the computer lounge on the 6th Floor.
- Stryker began installing the boom in the mock OR.
- The contractor began installing decorative screens and completed installing the magazine racks.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing lights in the center of the curved ceiling.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed modifying additional sprinkler heads.
- Workers continued roughing in the plumbing and med gas for the administrative area.
- The floors in the lab area were floated.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor continued framing and installing sheet rock for the fur down in the expanded lobby area.
- Crews patched and skim coated the plaster wall in the A Tower lobby area.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed boxes and conduit for the new fire alarm devices in Suite 8405.
- The plumbing contractor connected plumbing utilities for the fume hood in Room 8405H.
- The general contractor installed the window glass for the doors in Suite 8405 and windows in Rooms 8405I & 8405K.
- They installed the 6th Floor doors.
HEALTH/NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor suspended work. The roof was currently sealed and protected from the heavy rains forecasted for the next few days.