Wednesday, April 1,
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor began hanging drywall in Rooms 341, 342 and 343.
- A crew continued finishing the drywall in the 2nd Floor lounge.
- The wall repair in Rooms 235K and 235M is in process.
- Workers are cleaning out the 2nd Floor mezzanine.
- The insulation contractor insulated the new ductwork in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing the new fan coil units in Rooms 345 and 345A.
- The network wiring contractor started installing new data drops on the 3rd Floor.
- The installation of the new parking garage roll-up door is proceeding.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued painting and completing electrical repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors.
- Facility Services completed grading the planting bed in the rear of the Resource Center along S. Prieur and began installing shrubs.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor patched and placed floor tile in the rear of the building and installed tile around the computer lounge.
- A crew started plastering the soffit.
- They installed ceiling tiles in the 1st Floor elevator lobby.
- The electrical contractor continued to connect power to the Stryker equipment in the simulation labs.
- They finished installing wire mold on the 6th Floor.
- Electricians continued to remove the old feeder cable from the 1st Floor switchgear room.
- Stryker continues to install their A/V equipment in the simulation rooms.
- AT&T continues to install the new telephone feeder.
- The contractor installed trim on half of the wood covered columns.
- Facilities Services electricians completed installing receptacles.
- The contractor installed network cabling in the display cases.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed storefront windows for the Campus Stores location.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began installing new ceiling light fixtures in the administrative area.
- Workers installed fireproofing at all the core drill locations.
- VCT was installed on the floor in the administrative area being converted to lab space.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor installed sheetrock, taped and floated the fur down in the mezzanine level between the B & C Towers .
HEALTH/NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- Work has resumed on the roofing project as the threat of heavy rains has passed.
- The contractor removed a 30 foot section of the old light weight concrete and Styrofoam insulation along the Bolivar Street side of the roof.
- They installed a two-ply temporary roofing system that will keep the building watertight.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor continued to install overhead conduit for the podium and A/V connections in Auditoriums A & B.