FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued installing the ceiling grid in Rooms 341, 342 and 343.
- Workers continue finishing the drywall in the 1st Floor lounge.
- They started prepping walls in the auditorium.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs on the 1st and 2nd Floors and continued painting on the 3rd Floor.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor insulated the stairwell on the 6th level.
- Workers applied joint compound on the new wall on the 5th Floor by the new stairwell,
- They painted the 1st Floor walls on the S. Prieur Street side of the building.
- A crew continues installing granite pavers around the new stairwell.
- The contractor completed installing the fire dampers and smoke detectors, and tested the roll-up doors in manual mode.
- The contractor started the general cleaning of the construction areas.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel pulled wiring for the fire phone.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The casework contractor worked on installing the second side of the peninsula casework in Room 5219.
- They installed casework and countertops in Rooms 512A and 5124.
- The remaining sinks were installed in both the lab area and administrative areas.
- The plumbing contractor completed plumbing in the fume hoods in both sections and started hooking up the sinks in the administrative area.
- The contractor applied the final coat of paint to Rooms 5262B, 5264, 5262A and 5206C
HEALTH/NURSING RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor removed another 30 ft. by 30 ft. section of the roof at the corner of the MEB loading dock and Roman Street .
- The contractor applied the temporary two-ply roofing system to that section of the roof.
- The contractor only has a small (10 ft. by 10 ft.) section of roof underneath the exterior elevator ramp left to remove.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued sanding and prepping the fur down in the expanded lobby area.
- The interior contractor continued installing ceiling tiles in the A Tower lobby.
- The electrical contractor ran fire alarm wires in the expanded lobby area.
AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed additional conduit in the crosswalk (the conduit being installed stretches between the Auditoriums and the rack room 4202B).