FRIDAY, APRIL 24, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued finishing drywall in the 1st Floor lounge.
- Workers started installing ceiling grid in the 1st Floor lounge.
- Crews continue painting the auditorium.
- The ceiling grid contractor completed repairs to the 3rd Floor hallway ceiling.
- They continued repairing the 2nd Floor front hallway ceiling.
- The cleaning contractor continued cleaning offices on the 3rd Floor along the center hallway and began cleaning the front hallway.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors and painting rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor began installing trim for the windows of the stair tower at the 6th level.
- They painted the mechanical room on the 1st Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- Workers sealed the original penetrations in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- Crews continued framing and sheet rocking the shaft walls of the stairwell at the 3rd level.
- They continued to waterproof the granite wall panels on the new stairwell.
- The contractor continued the installation of CMU walls in existing telephone room.
- The electrical contractor installed a junction box for the new fiber cables on the 6th Floor, Bolivar Street side.
- They continued wiring the firemans switch for the exhaust fans in the new stairwell and installed the door closure on the 6th Floor Gravier Street side.
- Stryker is installing microphones in the large lecture room on the 6th Floor.
- LSUHSC electricians relocated light fixtures above the magazine racks.
- The contractor completed demolition in the MDL.
- The abatement contractor began preparation for abatement over the weekend.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor installed ceiling grid for the sheetrock ceiling underneath the mezzanine level of the A & B Towers and in the expanded lobby area.
- They installed ceiling grid for the acoustical ceiling between the B & C Towers .
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor began installing new metal around the elevators.
- The wall panel contractor finished installing wall panels along the Medical Center Stores wall.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing receptacle raceways in the laboratory area.
- The contractor continued connecting drains to the sinks and installed plumbing fixtures in the laboratory area.
HEALTH/NURSING RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor continued installing insulation and a cap on S. Roman street side of the roof. There are eight feet remaining.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor completed installing additional conduit and junction boxes in the crosswalk outside Room 4202.